Thursday, December 29, 2005

Happiness...

" Happiness is not an absolute quantity, but a relative one...
from person to person, the definition of happiness differs...
but yes, one feeling is common...
you feel happy when you spread happiness..."

When, I was 4yrs of age I got my first bike... that day i felt very happy.... it lasted for few months. When, I was 6yrs of age I got my first remote controlled toy.... again I felt very happy... it lasted for about a month. When, I was older still I got my first computer.... this time my happiness lasted for a few weeks. Later, when I got my first scooter... the joy lasted for about a couple of weeks.The joy of a new mobile lasted for a week...
Slowly, very silently, my feeling of happiness was decreasing day by day..... but I was not aware of the fact... I became used to this type of feeling....... getting hold of a thing for a moment feeling good and at the next instant forgetting it...
It was that the real feeling was missing and deep down the heart I knew this... I had to feel the feeling... ( confused...) basically I was not gettin the feeling of being happy... its an internal feeling that u get to feel when you are really feelin good..... Of all the incidents I mentioned above its very difficult to feel good even for one of them when I remember them today.... yes, but at those times I was elated....
These materialistic pleasure now seem to be just to something that was keepin me away from the real joy of the life... I was just like a leaf in the storm who follows the winds but is not trying to change its direction... just getting blown in the world without any resistance... I then resisted and thought over the matter... that what made me feel happy and realised that while making others happy kept me happy and I could still feel it fresh all through my life...... its like making people smile... making the world feel the essence of life.... making the things come alive.... yes these are all different forms of happiness... but I feel them inherintly, I never had to say myself its there... b'coz it makes me feel it....
I never felt so happy when I made my family feel happy..... made my friend feel good.... made the neighbours getting the feel of joy... making a stranger "smile"..... because I never expected anything in return and just wanted to make the world a better place to live in.... yup materialistic things make you happy but thats short lived, the real happiness is one that you can still feel over the time..... N so I just ask one question
"When was the last time you experienced real happiness......"
And in the answer lies the truth of life...... that life's too short to be sad, so why not be happy.....

0 comments: