Saturday, December 24, 2005

Footprints in sand....



Today, I had my exam and I messed it up..... I was feelin too low after that and was just tryin to find out reasons why I failed to do well ( basically, i was not searchin for reasons... but blamin the circumstances and people, for the debacle, so that I would feel good!!!).... but things seemed to turn to worse....instead of feelin better I was feelin more and more troubled at heart...... Ah! then I got the thing the best way to dispel the feelings..... complain to god.... just tell him it was not done... he's not being fair to me... he's made the world bad... blah...blah....blah.... Wah! Wah! I was feeling relaxed...... how nice...... ah ha! feelin great......n then the hell broke lose - a huge wave of guilty feelin swept upon my earlier feelins...... :((
I just asked myself that Why? Why am I blamin god? After all it was not his fault.... it was my fault... n then came to me the line of the poem that I had liked since childhood.... and which had gives me courage and strength each time I read it....... Its a very well known poem... read by all but understood by a few.... if everbody understands it they would see a change in their lives....
As its my favourite poem, I am quotin it here :


"Footprints in the Sand"

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”


By:Mary Stevenson


0 comments: